Table of Contents
When it comes to dental disease, many people think about caries. In fact, dental diseases are diverse, and one of them can be a fistula on the gums. These bumps are a symptom of a serious complication that occurs for many reasons. And its presence is a signal that the disease has taken a progressive stage. The main reason for the development of purulent or solid cones on the gums is improper hygiene of the oral cavity. But it may appear for other reasons.
If you identify seals, swelling, swelling in the mouth, you must contact your dentist. The specialist will make the correct diagnosis and prescribe qualified treatment.
What is the Bump?
The look and structure of the bump on gum with white head is similar to the channels for purulent content removal. It has a diameter of 3-6 mm with a white tip on the surface. In the middle of the gums there is an inflammatory root, and the density suggests that the fistula grows. Simply it is called “white bump on the gum”. If the disease is not treated in time, it becomes chronic. If there’s no opportunity to have an appointment with the doctor, here are some home remedies to ease the pain:
- In order to get rid of purulent congestion and pain, rinse the mouth with an aqueous solution of soda (200 ml of warm water – ½ teaspoon of soda).
- Rinsing – until complete elimination of cones with pus, every 1.5-2 hours.
It mostly looks like a dense bump, so patients, describing the problem, say “hard lump on the gums.” It does not cause any pain, the diameter of bump on gum don’t exceed 1 cm. If it’s not cured in time, you may get granulomas and cysts. There are a lot of reasons why the bump could grow in your mouth. Here are some of them.
This is one of the most common cavity area illnesses. It is well treatable if the patient addresses the dentist as soon as possible. Not a pleasant piece of new: when the cyst grows near the roots, the teeth are removed.
- In case of minor inflammation, the fillings are removed. The cleaning and expansion of channels is carried out. Then the wound is treated, a temporary seal is put, antibiotics are prescribed. After the treatment, a permanent seal is placed.
- Pus can break into the bone with complications of periodontitis. This complication is called a periostitis or an abscess on gum. In addition to the appearance of fistula, soft tissues swell on the gums, lips, cheeks, temperature increases, lymph nodes are inflamed, the pain is unbearable. The treatment method is similar to the previous one, but a drug is placed under the seal. Repeated washing is carried out with antiseptics after 60-90 days, the drug is put again for the same period of time. The procedure is repeated three times, after which you can put a permanent seal.
It occurs due to improper oral care. Symptoms: slight swelling, redness of the gums with bleeding. People call this disease “red lump on the gums.” In order to treat this ailment, the solutions are prescribed along with decoctions for rinsing. Also the patient needs to put medical ointments and gels on the sores.
The gums are inflamed due to loosening of the teeth and the formation of a gap, the so-called gingival pocket. In such cracks bacteria accumulate, the pus begins to appear, which is why the gums have the convex cones of white color. Periodontitis can be developed due to previous dental surgeries. For example, the small bump on gum after tooth extraction may easily occur. This may be periodontitis. How it is treated:
- The plaque is removed, the gum pockets are rinsed with special preparations.
- If there are deep pockets, depulping of the affected tooth is necessary.
- Antibiotics are prescribed, then the curettage of the periodontal pocket is carried out.
A lump on the gum in the back of his mouth. The cause of this growth is mechanical injury of the gums. In most cases, patients with epulis has the bump on gum in back of mouth, that he gets from inappropriate and poorly installed prostheses or sharp edges of adjacent teeth. The lump on the gum is a blue and reaches a considerable size – up to 2.5-3 cm. Treatment of bump on gums:
- So as to avoid the recurrence, the capsules of epulis are cleaned out.
- If severe inflammation takes place, the affected teeth are removed.
Home Remedies for Curing Bumps
When a fistula of any nature appears on the gums, it is recommended to use home remedies. This has a more positive effect:
- Kalanchoe juice has antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory traits. It should be rubbed into the place of formation of fistula.
- Tinctures of medicinal herbs (calendula, chamomile, lemon balm, sage) relieve inflammation and dissolve the bumps. It should also be used as warm solutions for rinsing.
- A mixture of sea salt and honey removes pus, has an antibacterial effect. For 2 tablespoons of honey 1 teaspoon of salt is taken.
Homemade meds are not as effective as pills, but help to reduce pain and puffiness. If you suspect having a lump on the gums, you should contact a specialist very quickly.